- Late Sri. M. Venkatakrishnaiah (Tataiah)
- Late Sri. Varadachar (Artist)
- Late Sri. D. Devaraj Urs (Ex. CM of Karnataka)
- Late Sri. G.R. Johier (Historian)
- Late Sri. H.V.R. Iyengar (Ex. Governor, RBI)
- Late Sri. R.K. Narayan (Novelist of international repute)
- Late Sri. Chaduranga (Kannada Novelist)
- Late Sri. Swamy Somanathanandaji (Rama Krishna Mutt)
- Late Sri. Agarama Rangaiah (Editor – Sadhwi Daily)
- Late Sri. D.V. Urs (Ex. Vice-Chancellor of Mysore University)
- Late Sri. Sharada Prasad (Private Secretary to Indira Gandhi)
- Late Sri. Nickem N.A. (Ex. V.C. of Mysore University)
- Late Sri. M.P.Chandrakantha Raje Urs (Judge, Karnataka High Court)
- Late Sri. A.N. Murthy Rao (Famous Writer)
- Late Sri. Y. S. Ramaswamy (Well known cricketer who took 20 wickets in a match)
- Late Sri. T.S. Sathyan (Famous photojournalist)
- Sri. R. K. Lakshman (Cartoonist of international repute)
- Sri. M.R. Srinivasan (Ex. Chairman, Atomic EngergyComission)
- Sri. Dwarakanath (Ex. VC of Agricultural University of Bangalore)
- Sri. Bhagyanathan (Ex. VC of Shivaji University, Khollapur)
- H. Viswanath, Member of Parliament and former Minister for Primary Education and Kannada & Culture, author of books
- Sa. Ra. Mahesh, MLA
- P.M. Chikka Boraiah, former MLA & Advocate, Educationist
- Vedanta Hemmige, former MLA and veteran Freedom Fighter
- Dr. M.S. Nagaraja Rao, former Director General, Archeological Survey of India
- Jayarama Raje Urs, Secretary - Dept. of Kannada and Culture, GOK
- Bhoga Shayanam
Alumni of Maharaja School pledge to work for its betterment
Old Students of Maharaja's High School and PU College met on Sunday 28th June at 11.30 am in the institution premises. All the alumni were happy and thrilled to meet each other. They recalled the good old days spent in the institution and enquired the whereabouts of their teachers and friends. The gathering included students who had studied in the school during 1940s, 1950s and the decades thereafter. While Sri Gowdappa, Retd. Chief Engineer, K. N. Subb Rao, and M.M. Ali of K.S.R.T.C. who studied in the school during 1944-46 spoke about the then Head Master Sundereshan, Vasudeva Rao, who was a student of the school in the 1950s spoke about famous teachers like Srinath (Maths), Govindan (Biology) and R. Srinivas Iyengar (N.C.C.).
Dr. Venkatesh Murthy of RIE who studied from 8th std. to PUC recalled the glorious days he spent in the school and college and wanted to contribute academically to the school to help it regain its past glory. Shivashankar Belliappa, soft skill expert, Gopinath, senator and Kalmaradappa, teacher, all belonging to the era of Sridhar Raj Urs, wanted to extend their help for the betterment of the school. In fact a committee comprising them was formed to interact with students and teachers to chalk out a programme for the all round development of the school and PU college. Vice Principal, Dr. Mahesh, and Teachers S.M. Kalmaradappa and M.R. Suresh were present. Seventeen old students who attended the meeting included Samskruthi Subramanya, G.C. Suresh, N. Rajgopal, Dr. Guruprasad, Syed Aftab Ahmed, V. Sreedharan, Ranga Swamy, K. M. Ramaiah and K. Subbaraje Urs.
Sridhar Raj Urs, president of the alumni association, presided over the meeting. He was a student of the school from 1955 to 58 and became a principal of the composite college during 1975-90 and 1980-85. In his speech, he narrated the important milestones of the institution such as establishment of the school as Raja Free School in 1833, gradual upgrading of the school into college, shifting of the school to present Maharaja's college building, formation of the Mysore University in 1916, shifting of the school to present Maharaja's PU college building during 1922, etc. He also recalled the school's 150th year celebrations in 1987, 175th year's celebrations in 2011 and installation of the bust of Maharaja Krishna Raj Wodeyar in front of the institution.
All the alumni unanimously decided to meet regularly to strengthen the Association. The next meeting will be held on 9th August 2015.